Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quiet weekend

Hello to all!
Thank you all for your kind comments on the Kokeshi. If you like it, this is a pattern by Susan Claire, and she has some more!
My plan for the weekend was to continue piecing the this quilt, and starting the back too. But... the temperatures went down suddenly, and my office at work is gray and cold. On Satturday, the weather was gorgeous, and I wznt for a tour in my garden. Started to pull some weeds, and then, fetched the shredder and started shredding the weeds. In short, I spent most of the day outside in the sun.

A few days ago, I'd received the new issue of Stitch from the Guild of Embroiderers, full of nice Xmas projects. I started working on one, presented on a dark even fabric. I tried working on a dark blue one, but I needed more light than I can have in the evening. So this morning, I took all my stuff outside. As you can see or hear, it was rather windy. You can imagine that this cat is a good weight, in fact not really. If you look carefully, she is throwing my stuff away...
 
Until she can sun herself as she likes.DSC01688
Anyway, even with plenty of light, the fabric did not work, it was not even enough. So I switched to plan B, i.e. to a white, even fabric, and then, I had fun. The fabric looks blueish because I took the picture at the end of the afternoon. In fact, it is really white, with a bit of glitter.
DSC01690
They are going to be XMas cards...

I wish you all a nice week. Take care!

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are so productive. What a fun project and your cat is darling.

solange said...

Tu exagères, tu ne laisses pas suffisamment de place sur la table pour que mademoiselle puisse faire sa sieste. Avoues qu'elle est très intelligente...
Je vois que tu penses déjà à tes cartes de Noël.
Bises.

Rosemary said...

What gorgeous cards they will be beautiful work.

neki desu said...

pretty cards!nice to be stitching in the sun.

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, the Kokeshi is fabulous! I answered your question on Stash Manicure, but if you want more info or have more questions, feel free to respond to this comment and we can start an e-mail conversation! Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Unknown said...

They are really lovely. You're so talented and patient.

Becky Andrews said...

Wow. your creativity is inspiring! Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog.