Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend sewing

Hello to all!
I hope you have a great weekend!
I'm back to my "work" routine, not much time to blog during the week... But I read all your comments on my PJs. They all made me laugh, and I'm very glad you like them. That's sure, they do improve the mood, if needed :-)
Right now I don't wear them in bed, just around bed. It is tooooooo hot to wear anything in bed, or maybe just N°5, like Marylin.

So this has been a busy week, at work, and in the garden too. One flower bed needed a good cleaning, and the tomatooes needed a good weeding. Both done in the week, after work. I plan to play with the mower tomorrow, and that'll be it for a few weeks.
So I had a whole weekend to do nothing, but indulge in my hobbies.
When I bought fabrics in Marseille, this one was not on my list. But it was impossible not to buy it. Perfect for a little top with big effect, isn't it. I've used V8559. I already used it for that. I think I'll use it again in the future.
To answer Wendy's question, the roses are ribbon sewed on a black net.

As it was quick to do, I went on with the current issue of BWOF and this little wrap top. I love this print, although it is not the one I had in mind. I'll try to find another fabric this week to make a second one. They are both "surprises". Guess who is the recipient of this one...


And I finished the weekend with the Summer of Fun Block Party .


I hope you will have a nice week!


6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What good work Vero. I hope you have had a great weekend too.

wendy said...

oooh. the material for the first one is really cool. are those ribbons stitched on? i like it in that simple style!

Wanda said...

Very nice tops. I really like them and am sure the receipient will too!

Susan Elliott said...

Little top with big effect is right!! The simplicity of the top really works with that beautiful fabric. Wish I had one...

PaMdora said...

Lovely clothes you make -- I wish I could. Maybe someday!

Tany said...

Outstanding job on turning such original/beautiful fabrics into fabulous tops!