Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vogue V8559

Thank you again for your visits and your comments!
Glad you liked the real picture :-)
Coryna and Embellisher, be warned, Altered Couture is highly addictive! It aims at customizing clothes, but it is also inspiring to sew from scratch...
Talking of that, here is my version of V8559, started on Monday, finished today. But after Emilie had left, so my dummy is modeling for me.





The printed jersey was a bit difficult to sew. Only a jersey needle would do. And the twin needles I have are not jersey needles. :-( So I finished it with a single seam, wherease the Tshirt has a double seam finish, which looks sooooo professional...
I wish you a nice week!
PS: to answer Lisa's questions:
I'm far from being MZ Haute Couture, tehcnically speaking, I mean there are ladies in the blogosphere who sew really well. I still have a lot to learn from them.
However, I enjoy sewing, as I enjoy any work involving needles and thread. A new sewing machine and a new silhouette are two of the reasons.
Another one is that my job involves a lot of thinking (without much responsibility though), and I need something down to earth to relax. Sewing or gardening are perfect for that.
A fourth reason will sound funny. It is related to Barbie. I rediscovered it recently, with so many blogs talking of Barbie's birthday: When my sister get married, I was still a kid, about 8 years old. She invited me over to her home, and she spent a lot of quality time with me. Mostly sewing clothes for my Barbie. I found it was magic to see the flat fabric turn into shapes, and I still love that part. So sewing is having that quality time again.
Also, I had stopped sewing because my teenagers did not want to wear home-made clothes. Now, my young ladies love to have a dress made especially for them. And I enjoy sewing for them, especially since they are away.
This bring us to my dummy. Yes, she has a name, even three names. When she impersonates me, she is Mini-Me. Otherwise, her names are Mini-Amandine or Mini-Emilie :-) She is really of great help. It is quicker to try clothes on her than on me. Or to pin cut fabrics on her, at the right place, instead of having them in a bunch on the table. And since I can give her Amandine's or Emilie's shape, she makes sewing for them easy too.

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are going to be Mz Haute Coutre. Does your dummy have a name? Since she helps you so much you should give her a name.

Monique A. said...

Superbe cette veste, joli modèle.

Guzzisue said...

Hi, I'm so impressed. I have never made anything to wear, never had the courage to :-)

Wanda said...

I like the name. I like the fact that the dummy can be other people when she needs to be. And I love the fact that you sew with love

neki desu said...

yes that's very smart having a dummy.i should get one.
if i get one i can say i have a dummy instead of i am a dummy :D

Rosemary said...

Great tops, made me smile at the name and story of Barbie..........