Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Misc

I met my patchwork friends tonight, and they complained that I did not post this weekend.

They are right, but I have excuses.

First, I'm planning my sewing for spring, and since I lost weight, and have never made a dress for myself from a Vogue pattern, I spent a part of my weekend sewing a muslin and altering the pattern. Now I just have to find the fabric, and to sew the real dress. Until then, no picture of the sewing.

Then I went to the opera, kind of. The movie theater in Aix en Provence proposes HD performances direct from the Met in New-York. I attended the performance of Saturday evening. And I liked it. I can't tell an opera from another one, but I was completely under the charm of Madama Butterfly. I'll go again next year, they will propose Aida, La Tosca, Turandot, and some others.

After this busy weekend, I started sewing yesterday. My assistant had to help, of course ...

I wish you a good time until the next weekend !

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Lucky you that you lost weight this winter Vero. I think I have found it. Ha... I hope your kitty is enjoying your tea. I can't wait to see your new dress.

Rosemary said...

Looking forward to seeing the results of your dress making.

Wanda said...

So helpful, your assistant! Mine would have stuck her paw in!

Anonymous said...

Tu seras donc pardonnée ma soeur!!!!
Bisous
Annick

JoWynn Johns said...

I'm amazed that the Met's telecasts are being shown in theaters in Europe, just as they are here. I've followed the Met since I was a kid, first listening to the regular live Saturday broadcasts, then seeing the televised performances, and now renting movies of them. You have wonderful treats in store for you next season. Oh, Turandot!!! Well, I love them all, and I'm glad your introduction was with Madame Butterfly. Heart-breaking, isn't it?