Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vogue V8280

I've been working on version B of V8280.
It is almost finished, I still have to attach the lining to the zipper inside. I like the armhole:
The fabric is a printed linen. Very nice to work with.
As for the pattern, it is completely different from what I use to sew. Usually, I go for easy pieces, that just require one day to complete. This one is marked Easy by Vogue, and that is true, but since it has much more construction, I was a bit out of my comfort zone. But I enjoyed sewing it.
Now I have to find shoes and maybe a belt (I have enough leftover to make one too, this could be the easy option).
Have a nice week all!
PS: I've just found your messages on my last post. Thanks for them.
I have lost weight, 1/5 of my initial weight in fact, since last Eastern, hence the need/longing for new garnments. And for fun garnments. And on how I see myself now. I have altered the pattern because my waist is too thick compared my bust and hips, but at the end, the top came out a bit too big :-) I had to resew the zipper with more seam allowance :-)

15 comments:

solange said...

Très joli. J'espère que tu nous montreras une photo de toi dans la robe. Bisous

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love the fabric Vero! Now, are we going to see a picture of you modeling your pretty new outfit?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Good for you on the weight loss Vero. I wish I could do the same. Your dress is beautiful. Can't wait to see the final fitting...on you.

JoWynn Johns said...

Nice pattern. Lovely fabric. Now I'm eager to see it on YOU.

Muriel said...

1/5 c'est beaucoup! Attention à ne pas être obligée de retoucher toute ta garde robe :-)!Elle est sympa cette robe, j'imagine bien une ceinture noire avec une boucle orangée...

startare said...

Le décolleté doit faire beaucoup d'effet; et quant à mettre ça dans la catégorie "easy", ils ne craignent rien! qu'est-ce que ça doit être, les modèles difficiles. Bravo, en tout cas.

neki desu said...

what a great fabric! nice pattern too.
weight loss? congrats!! been trying that too. no luck so far ;(

neki desu

Conni said...

That print is beautiful - and I love the dress!

Aiyana said...

This is an interesting and unusual fabric. Your outfit will be lovely.
Aiyana

Wanda said...

Beautiful! Yes..I agree...we want to see you model it for us!!

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous dress, great material!
Way to go on the weight loss , never easy........

Digitalgran said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Not easy is it?
The sleeves in your new dress are lovely and unusual.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Glorious Fabric!

Margarita Korioth said...

gorgeous dress.

Anonymous said...

Oui, probablement il est donc