Sunday, January 17, 2010

Summer Fun Party continued

You may remember the blocks I was sewing last summer. I just had to assemble them on some background. Amazing how much time "just to" requires :-)
I've spend yesterday afternoon and part of this morning to achieve this. But I'm pleased with the result. My friend Agnes helped me find the right fabrics: as I was sewing those blocks randomly, a coffee theme appeared. It even imposed itself. So no wonder Agnes proposed a fabric that looks like jute, and another one with coffee beans on it.

Since I have plenty leftover fabrics in the same colors, I decided to make the back with those fabrics, thus reducing my stash. So I spent the afternoon cutting 2" wide strips and assembling them together. Now I have 30 strips, waiting to be sewned together for the back. I just have to do that...

Take all good care and enjoy the coming week! Love to all!

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is going to be a real beauty when you are finished. I love the colors.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm not normally a huge fan of brown, but this is gorgeous! Could be because you associated it with coffee (my favourite beverage). Lovely!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very pretty! Would look even better with a nice layer of apricot floof on it!!

Purrs, Goldie

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just lovely! The color and design is striking! Great work. blessings,Kathleen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane Cransac said...

Its a perfect compliment to your squares. Very nice!

Wanda said...

Oh this is so worth finshing! It is going to be a beauty!!