Monday, December 8, 2008

Spell on me...

I did not do anything this weekend. But I have an excuse: Did you guess where I was? Yes, in Bavaria.
I'll post several times about this weekend in the near future.
I had not been near Germany or Austria for a very long time. Since I built happy memories there as a teenager, I was completely under the charm as soon as I landed in Munich. And even more when I was in Linderhof, one of the castel of Ludwig II. It was like a fairy tale, the Alps, the snow, the silence and the beauty of the place. Since then, I kept dreaming of it ... He must have put a spell on me... and "worse" I dream in German...









But first of all, my friend Wurzel made it all happen. She invited me over to her place. We met for the first time at the airport, and we had a wonderful time together. She knows a lot about Bavaria and its culture and history. And she is so very nice. That's the wonderful part of Internet, meeting a person from far away, and feeling as if we had knew each other for ages.

Thank you very much Wurzel!!!








7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are a blessed person. I am glad to hear you had a good time. I can't wait to see and read more about your trip.

Guzzisue said...

we have often stopped in Bavaria on our way south but never in the winter-looks wonderful

Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise! It looks like you had a wonderful time. The photos look very quaint and quiet.

Wurzerl said...

Liebe Vero,
es war schön, daß Du bei mir warst und ich freue mich riesig, daß es Dir gefallen hat! Das machen wir mal wieder! Egal, ob mit, oder ohne Schnee!

Liebe Grüße vom Wurzerl

Eliane Zimmermann said...

of course I know where you were, just a few weeks ago I took the very same picture! well, maybe there still were a few leaves on the old chestnut trees... Viktualienmarkt, ultra-nice place. I enjoyed your blog very much inspite of the slowliness of either our internet-line today or are your pics quite big? I (49, German roots, born in Chile) live in rural Southwest Ireland and will post (on www.scents-and-senses.blogspot.com) hundreds of garden impressions next year we have a real subtropical paradise down here!

Wanda said...

I'm so glad you got to visit my part of the world at such a beautiful time. Everything is very ... lit up and bright and happy. Even if there isn't any snow...at least in Munich. But the mountains are full of it. I'm heading to Austria for the weekend. I need the snow!

Barbara said...

It's a long time I haven't visited your blog and now what do I see? You've visited Wurzerl :-)! I know what a dear and very friendly person she is, as I also had the chance to meet her this autumn. I recognized immediately this famous "tree"....
Have a nice Sunday!
Barbara