Monday, November 10, 2008

How to spend a nice weekend...

First of all, thank you so much for your comment on Go Green. There will soon be another project with recycled material, at the beginning of next year.

In the week before the weekend, I purchased some fabrics I liked.
Then I took my daughter shopping on Saturday and purchased some fabrics for her. As usual I made sure my assistant agrees with our choice.

I grabbed my sewing stuff on Sunday, and started getting rid of that stash.
Since my daughter is here for the weekend only, I started with her clothes. She fell in love with a Vogue pattern 8131

This is the first time I'm sewing with a Vogue pattern. I've discovered them recently and like their design. A bit different from the patterns from the Burda magazines I'm used to. The main difference for me is that the seam allowances are included. They are exactly Emilie's size, or vice versa, as you like. So I used the pattern without altering it, but was thrilled to see the lines to shorten or lengthen the pattern. I'll need them for myself. Anyway, sewing was a delight, and the next morning she could wear her pants:

I made the fingerless gloves too. They are from Noro minikits. A pleasure to knit (I've ordered some yarns to knit a pair for me too).
And continued sewing today, more picture tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are so talented with that sewing machine. Good job.

Susan Elliott said...

The fit on those pants is great. Good job. I don't think I would ever attempt pants...
I like the fingerless gloves too. I especially like Noro yarn -- your daughter looks very lovely. Was she pleased?

Muriel said...

Un pantalon!Plus rien ne t'arrêtera alors :-)).En tous les cas, tout cela lui va drôlement bien à ta fille. Bises

Wanda said...

you are absolutely amazing! I sure wish I could do what you do..or even half of it...on my sewing machine! And I love the gloves!

Eli said...

How not to be pleased!! Each time i come back home i've some stuff waiting for me, made with love :)
thanks mum!!

Sonja♥ said...

En effet, un petit peu "S.A.B.L.E"?!;)))