Monday, August 13, 2012

Cables

For Xmas, I was given this Knit Wear issue. I enjoyed it very much, not only for the patterns, but also for the technical articles in it. I've learnt a lot of things already. And the cover pattern, awwww, isn't it beautiful.
Until now, I have been scared of cables. I don't master all the English knitting abbreviations.  Besides, it is quite hot. but I'm in love with that capelet. So what am I to do? Right, I just have to give it a try. I have nothing to lose, don't I. Just a bit of yarn and time...

So I took a deep breath, prepared a few translations of those mysterious symbols, grabbed my needles, my row counter (what a wonderful tool!) and tada:


It took me only two weeks. I enjoyed the process, and I'm rather proud of myself.
And I do recommend it. 
PS Don't tell my daughters, I think they had something in mind when they bought that issue "for me"... :-)
I would not be suprised if they'd tell me the color they want in their comment :-)
PPS I've fell in love with cables too...

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is too cute. I wish I could do something like this. I just don't have knitting skills. Good job.

Sue Krekorian said...

It's lovely - like a warm pink hug xxx

Unknown said...

It is simply gorgeous!!!

Bassetmomma said...

What a great job! I just love the color! :)

Emilie said...

Well done!! \o/
Well, the kind of red of the cover was nice :p We 'll can talk about it by the end of the week :) kisses!!

neki desu said...

so very cool! and i see a habu cone on the table! wonder who'll be the lucky daughter :)

Remington said...

That is AWESOME! Well done!

georgia little pea said...

so is that how you are your daughters "communicate"? LOL. very clever, girls! x

Rosemary said...

Beautiful

blandina said...

I have this Knit Wear issue, and now that I saw how nice the capelette is I think that it will be the Christmas gift for my girls. Thank you for the inspiration!