Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy, busy

Yes, I'm a bit busy right now, because my niece is visiting me. For a short week. With her 10 months old son. How can you resist a little boy always smilling at you? I can't. I spend my days smilling back at him.
Although we tried very hard, we could not find shorts for this little man. He is between two sizes.
As yesterday was very windy, we decided to stay home. While mother and son enjoyed the sun in a sheltered place in the garden, I went through my patterns and fabrics stash, and made those in the afternoon.
The white one is a serious one, in a jean fabrics, with pockets on the back. The other two are more fun. Some might say that wearing sun glasses is recommended :-)

The first one took me some time, in fact the time to figure how to combine two sizes in the same pattern. Once this was achieved, cutting and sewing was done in a few minutes.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

10 months is such a beautiful age. I'm sure he looks very handsome in his new handmade wardrobe - well done!

georgia little pea said...

I think the giraffes will be perfect for summer. What a very handy great aunt you are :)

Bassetmomma said...

Well done! What a lucky little guy!

neki desu said...

sunglasses, absolutely!
you've had some sewing fun too.

startare said...

Très mimi! maintenant je sais pourquoi j'ai rêvé de bébé cette nuit.

Rosemary said...

Love the shorts especially the animal ones

nikkipolani said...

I think it is wonderful you have the ability and inclination to whip up something so useful for your nephew! However bright his shorts, his smile is surely the bigger draw. Enjoy that darling 10 month baby!

blandina said...

Bravo Vero, you must be proud of yourself!

Wally said...

They're wonderful. I especially love the animals. I wish I had such skill and talent.