Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wallpaper ...

Hello everybody,

I'm still enjoying my vacations. For the moment, I' m home on my own, Emilie took my car to go camping for a few days. On my own is not the exact truth, her cat has joined mine for a few days too:

This is her favorite place and quilt. Whenever she can, she sleeps on it.

On Monday, I was considering my options: xstitch, secret project, vegging on the couch watching stupid TV, ... And then a pulsion: how about revamping the entrance? It needs a revamping, really. It depresses me everytime I go home. What about the heat? I decided to give it a try, I could stop if it was too hot. In fact, the weather was perfect: the front door in on the North, so this part of the house is always cooler. Besides, there was only a mild wind, that let me keep both the front door and the living room door open, so, despite the steam I was quite comfortable. I spent two whole days ripping the wallpaper and washing the walls. There is not a big surface, but the wallpaper was a tough one! I'm very pleased with myself. Now, I'll head to the DIY shop to see what my next step will be. I only know it won't be wallpaper, but some kind of paint, preferably in the white range, since the lack of windows makes it so dark. And first of all, I need to smooth the walls. I'm sure it won't be finished before I go back to work, but the hardest part will be done.

Oh, and by the end of the week, both daugthers should be there, with their boyfriends. That would be the first time in ages that Amandine would be home for her birthday! ... If she does not change her plans... I'm quite excited.

I hope your week is as pleasant as mine. Take care!

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing like a diy project to get you going. Glad to hear that you are well and happy.

Rosemary said...

Wallpaper stripping is one very tough job. A hallway should be welcoming not depressing ... so looking forward to seeing the finished hallway..

houndstooth said...

I always think I'm going to do big projects like that when I'm on break, but I never do. I admire you for being able to do it, and I'll bet it turns out beautifully!

Wally said...

Well done stripping the wallpaper! It's not a job I would like to try.