Monday, December 13, 2010

A Fine Romance

Your comments on the doll have been very appreciated. Thank you!

Although the snow did not reach my place, this has been a cold weekend. I was almost ready to go for a walk, though, when I heard the hunters shooting, so I decided to stay home instead. 
I had received the Dec 2012/Jan 2011 issue of Stitch, and found this nice little project by Janet Humphrey.
It was fun finding the right laces for the background, and the matching beads or sequins. And preparing a nice cup of tea, for me to drink and for the Noel motif to dye.
DSC01761
No dyeing for this one. 
DSC01759
Below the grumpy heart-shaped cat, you can see an example of the original project.
DSC01762
This look means "Stop playing on Internet, woman, go to the kitchen and fill my plate!"

I wish you all a good week. Take care!


6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These hearts are gorgeous Vero. I am always amazed by your talent. Your kitty needs some love...or food. What a cute picture. I hope you are having a good week too.

Unknown said...

The last picture with your cat is so hilarious!
I think our little furfriends do think we spend too much time on the internet and less time on them.LOL!
'Please play with me!!!' they said.

Pat said...

The hearts are very pretty and the picture of the cat is brilliant. I bet you did whatever it wanted!

The Thuglets said...

We wanted to say thank you for your kind words and thoughts on our sad loss of Dorcus.

Your hearts are lovely. Such a cute picture of your cat

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

nikkipolani said...

Lovely work, as usual, Vero. I'm always amazed at your creative interpretations. And maybe that kitty isn't as grumpy as the photo suggests?

Kerri said...

I love the subtle colors in the first heart. Tea dying makes such a pretty shade and looks especially good with white.
Both hearts are beautiful.
Your kitty pic is very funny. Isn't it amazing the expressions we sometimes catch on their faces? :)