Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Journal - fly

While I was working on my journal last Sunday, I was bothered by flies. To the point of preparing a double-black page for them...
I've started with the drawing, from a picture seen on Internet. Then I saw a bit of paper remaining from the lovebird collage of yesterday. It looks a bit like the torso of the fly. And the dotted image was good for the eyes. The wings are:
  • either too transparent if I use only the plastic wrap,
  • not transparent enough if I add white paper. Tracing paper may do the trick???
  • and their shapes and location is not adequate. This fly looks much more like a ciccada ;-)
I might free-machine the wings, on some solvable support, or use some black lace.
Angelina fibe would be perfect for the torso. Metallic variegated threads is inspiring too.

6 comments:

Annica said...

Love your Heineken bug! :-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm really enjoying watching your progress with your journal! Gorgeous. I'm not very fond of flies, but these are really cute.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think I see a Heineken label, no that is a Heineken fly. Ha... vEry good Vero.

arlee said...

Time *does* fly with a beer :} Very kewl!

Anonymous said...

The head is definitely that of a fly- you have done a great publicity job for the pesky 'mouche' because your sketch/collage looks rather ttractive.

JoWynn Johns said...

What fun to see your ideas FLY as you work on your journal!