Sunday, August 28, 2011

Vacations are over...

For once, Amandine was home with us for a birthday. We had a gorgeous lunch in Aix, complete with both parents and boyfriends.
This is an exceptional year, I went to the beach twice! Once in Barcelona, and this time in Marseille...
While in Marseille, I could not resist the yarns in La Droguerie. How could I? The first sight when you enter the shop is a rainblow of all possible colors. Mostly silk, mohair, linen, you've got the idea. And they prepare the ball of yarns in front of you, weighting exactly the quantity you need for your project. I've purchased the yarns to make a transformer scarf for each of my girls, black and purple for Emilie, and pink and orange for Amandine. Tthe yarn is made of two threads, one alpaga, the other a very thin mohair. I had to choose from various colors in both qualities, the lady was very helpful, letting me see all possible combinations as often as necessary to decide (and that was not an easy choice, believe me!) Soft and light and warm, yummy!. There are buttons and button holes on both ends of the scarf, so that it can be worn as a poncho, a jacket, a scarf. You'll see better when it is finished.

I hope that Irene (I mean the storm, not my friend) will leave you unharmed (I mean, those of you on the east coast). Take good care, and let us know you are OK as soon as you can...


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can see that your vacation was grand. Nothing like getting all your chicks under one roof at the same time. Your yarn projects will be beautiful in these colors.

houndstooth said...

Your vacation looks absolutely lovely! Your daughters are lucky to have such a talented mom who makes them beautiful things. I bet those scarves will be gorgeous!

neki desu said...

great photo of you all. the boyfriends too :)

nikkipolani said...

I'm loving your minimalistic blog theme at the moment :-) Your lunch with family looks really great. What did you have? The weather looked very nice, too! I live probably 45 minutes from the ocean but didn't go even once this year... glad you got to enjoy the beach at Barcelona and Marseille!

George The Lad said...

Lovely to see all the smiley faces having a great time.
Have fun will your knitting
See Yea George xxx