Monday, August 8, 2011

Vacations and lunch bags

Hello to all! How good it feels to be home on a Monday, even though the weather doesn't look like summer... But really, I don't mind: the temperatures are nice.
While purchasing a fabrics the other day, I was told I could choose some free fabrics too.  So I came home with some hearty fabric, and its matching strippy one, without any project in mind. They were just pretty.

You may also know that I like bento boxes. When I saw this book Lunch Bags on Amazon, I just had to have it. It features 25 projects related with taking lunch away from home, by several quilters. You'll find lunch bags for kids, but mostly for adults, and some smaller projects like sandwich wraps. I would not say it is a must have book, but it is nice to have.

Here is my version of one of them, proposed by Debbie Hogan. You can find her here and here
There is a drink pouch on the back, a pocket inside, for an ice pack, it is the perfect size (7"x10"x31/2") for my three levels bentobox. And there is still room for a fruit, fork and knife, or a dessert.
 However, it is the closure/handle pair that I love best.
There might be some more in the future.

8 comments:

Maxmom said...

You are so, so talented! Your lunch bag makes me really look forward to spring - only 4 weeks away. It reminds me of languid summer days and the company of loved ones.
Very beautiful indeed!
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love the fabric of your lunch bag. It is nice that you can close the bag too. Enjoy your beautiful weather.

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job on your lunch bag. What gorgeous fabric you used. Thank you for the praise of my lunch bag pattern. I appreciate it! I'm so glad to know that this bag fits a bento box. Have a great day and enjoy your sewing.

houndstooth said...

Oh, that turned out so cute! You are really a talented seamstress!

I saw your message about sending you an e-mail, but I didn't see yours here on the blog. Mine is houndstooth4(at)yahoo(dot)com!

Rosemary said...

Enjoy your vacation Cute ideas.....

George The Lad said...

Thanks for your visit :) mom loves that lunch bag, did you realy make it, you talented lady.
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Remington said...

They are awesome! You are very talented!

startare said...

Magnifique!