Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lunck kit, part two

Do you remember the lunch kit I made for Emilie a while ago? You can see it here: http://aufildujardin.blogspot.com/2011/06/lunch-kit.html She uses it not only to bring her lunch to work, but also when hiking with her boyfriend. That's were my troubles begin: her boyfriend was upset because there was only one place mat... Sigh...
As you can imagine, I was quite happy to make a second one, but I did not take notes, and Emilie forgot to send me the dimensions.
This afternoon, I started counting the stripes to find out the length... Then I checked whether I still had enough fabric left, and, oh joy, I still could see the shapes I cut for the first place mat. Yeah! And I had enough fabric left!
Here is the second one, finished.

I called the workshop about my PC. It is ready. Now the question is: when can the man deliver it? If you have read "a year in Provence" you know that it may take some time...

Rosemary has commented about the entrance. I do agree, it must me nice, not depressing. But I have a love/hate relationship with my house (it is a divorce house). My love for it grows as I revamp it to my taste. I started it about five years ago, by having a new front door installed. Since I prefer avoiding credits, and prefer travels to hard works, revamping is not going fast. But once a room has been done, I love it. This entrance won't be something special. There is only room to open the doors, and for a cupboard. No windows. But at least, it will be clean and as light catching as possible. And I did not imagine I would enjoy that work that much...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My site:
courtier en credit Rachat de Credit

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is a very satisfying feeling to do a home improvement project. Not only does your house look better but you save money by doing it yourself. I don't blame you for traveling. It is so much more fun than work. :) Love the place mat. I am sure Emile's boyfriend will too. You are a good mother.

houndstooth said...

The second place mat turned out really nice! You have such a good eye for beauty, I am sure that you will make the entryway look really inviting and pretty. :)

nikkipolani said...

Well, who knew he'd pout for his own placemat??

Rosemary said...

Great that you had enough fabric to make a placemat for the boyfriend.. Can't say I would do house over travel..but as you change the house to suit you and your taste at least when you walk in it will be more appealling and cheery.

George The Lad said...

Oh moms been home improveing, not that I take much notice, but the new mat by the door has a nice taste to it ;)
I bet that very nice dinner mat you have made has a nice taste to ;)
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

neki desu said...

amandine is going to be jealous.no lunch kit for her?
enjoying reading about your renovation saga!

essay topics said...

Wonderful!