Sunday, May 24, 2009

Skirt

I was going to make a plain, easy pencil skirt for D#2. And ended sewing this Skirt, from Burda World of Fashion January 2009.
In a shorter version.
She can wear it with a black belt:
or this one:
This is a trim by Chanel, dixit the lady who sold it to me.
Burda instructions propose a small facing for the top, no lining. Did not sound good for me. Instead, I lined all the top.
I made both belt. I've put eyelets on the black one. I practised on a leftover. And of course, when I went to the real belt, I made a mess of the eyelets. Sh..... Next time I'll keep to the old fashioned way, stitching by hand!
On the whole, this is an easy model, but I wanted it to be perfect, so I spent an awful amount of time on it. Befor browsing the sewing blogs, I would never had undone a seam. Now I do. :-) And I even enjoy that, well to some extend. It is a great feeling to progress. That would even be better to do so on the first try :-)
I'll start another skirt tomorrow, again a plain pencil skirt...

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This skirt looks great. I am sure your daughter will love it. It is true that practice makes perfect. Keep on practicing. I can see how much you have improved since I first started reading your blog. Seeing this gives me encouragement to keep on with my projects. Cheers.

Rosemary said...

What a terrific skirt. The black and white belt sets if off beautifully.

golden star said...

Wow! So smart and chic!

Anonymous said...

Great work, Vero. You're right about how other blogs spur us on to improve our skills.

Wanda said...

What a great skirt...it's the little black skirt!! She can dress it up or down..fun or serious. Perfect