Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sea Tangles

Speak of slow knitting! even lazy knitting.
I started this one years ago.
The pattern is by Kie Zuraw, found on Knitty, the yarn is a very fine silk, with an even finer steel wire inside bu Habu Textiles.
Stockinette, with random cables. In fact, really fun to knit. Other projects just kept coming in between...
You can see more of it here.
And my version, finished a few hours ago.

I'm very glad it is no longer on my "to do" list, and in time to be worn during summer.

9 comments:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Fantastic, well done on the finish! What a great piece to layer over all sorts of things. The fibre is so interesting, I don't think I've heard of silk with steel wire before. I guess that's what gives it the wonderful shape. You'll get plenty of use out of it now the warm weather is here.

georgia little pea said...

Gosh! That is so fine. It must have been quite difficult to manage. Like Kirsty, I've never heard of this type of fibre. Have fun wearing it! Hugs x

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is way cool. I can just imagine wearing it this summer. A great coverup.

houndstooth said...

Oh wow! Vero, you always amaze me! You just have a naturally artistic way of doing everything. That is beautiful, and so versatile!

neki desu said...

ohhh i had my eye on this, even bought the habu yarn.but i think i lack the skills to complete it.
you are an ace my dear!

Bassetmomma said...

This looks like such intricate work. It turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...

It looks so delicate and flimsy; it's beautiful.

I don't think I dare to wear it because I'll be worried all the time that something might hook on it and spoil it. Silly me : )

Wally said...

Oh, that looks so amazingly difficult, well done!

Susan Elliott said...

Looks exactly like Sea Tangles to me! I really like the sheer nature of this sweater. And it DOES look hard. What if you have to rip out? It's just lovely...!