Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dogs

I don't look forward to retirement, except for one thing: being home most of the day, thus being able to have a dog. Until then, I get my dog dose from several canine blogs.
Here is a post by houndstooth of Tales and Tails I'd like to share with you.

One Of The Highlights Of BlogPaws — Hero Dogs Of 9/11

I don't think I'll be able to see the whole movie, but you may have the opportunity.
Kuster, one of the pack of Tales and Tails, is training to become a search and rescue dog. I'm sure he will be good at his job, but I do hope he'll never have to face such a hell.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

We just came back from Tales and Tails and tears are still in my eyes!

georgia little pea said...

You're retiring! And getting a dog! YAY! Hopefully, you'll still find time for knitting :)X

houndstooth said...

I love being able to come home to our dogs. It's the best part of my day! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post! :) Kuster is a special guy, there's no doubt about that. He's growing up so much, too. Hubby looked at the pictures I took of him in his new harness and noted that he's not looking like a puppy so much anymore. I am hoping that he never has to face anything like 9/11 either. I do know that if he were called, though, that he'd do a fantastic job and work tirelessly. He already has a very strong work ethic that amazes me.

nikkipolani said...

I used to never think of retirement, wondering what I'd do with all that spare time. I don't think those thoughts anymore! Is your retirement date coming up? Have you picked out a dog??

neki desu said...

think about having time to do as you please and visiting barcelona more often too.and on the day coach :)

Bassetmomma said...

Unsung heroes!

teen bedroom designs said...

Hi
Au Fil du Jardin
Very nice blog post!! Thanks for the post,
That is a really neatly written article

Rosemary said...

Adjustment to retirement does take some time..... but eventually one wonders how ever one had time to work with all the things to do.

Remington said...

Heroes! Enjoy retirement! Beth seems to really like it....