Monday, January 17, 2011

Roses are Blooming, ctd

The week went by like a dream, and the weekend even more. After several weeks of not so good weather, we had a hot and sunny weekend.
I spent Saturday in the garden, doing some weeding. The cats were happy to share the outdoor, but we were all tired at the end of the day:
DSC01898
DSC01900
DSC01899
Earlier in the week, I managed to do this. I hope I'll finish the second one before the weekend, since the forecast says the temperatures are dropping again. However, it is not a big deal if they are not finished, after all, the recipient is away, enjoying herself in Barcelona :-)
DSC01901
Sundays are "ME" day. And I wanted to work on the roses. I'm glad all the threads of the outer border are cut. Next step: making the rosettes of the outer border! That will be fun!
DSC01903
I hope you had a nice Monday, and that your week will be a great one! Take care!

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Hand work as usual... so cold here I am like kitty curled up in blankets.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad to hear it was nice enough to get outside this weekend. We did too even though it was still cold.

The mitten looks great. Love the color of yarn you used.

The embroidered piece is coming along beautifully.

Gail said...

Your embroidery work is exquisite.

Sarah Craig said...

That is so beautiful, Veronique! Good work!!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful work!
The recipient of the gloves is so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Hot? What does that mean!:) I am really looking forward to our trip to Provence in May and some heat (at least it will be warmer than here).
The embroidered roses are exquisite, Vero. Hope it's not too cold for you this week!

neki desu said...

boy! we've been forcasted a cold front :( my clematis are going mad with the weather.

Wally said...

Adorable cat photos.