Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Misc

Hello to all,

I had hoped to take a picture of the roses this weekend, but I was not far enough to do so. I'm sure I'll have some progress to report next weekend. I've started cutting the threads, and I like it.

Priscilla, thank you for the compliment. Rosie is such a nice young lady :-)

Iowa Gardening Woman, the roses are bullion stitches. They are always spectacular.
Thank you neki for your support.
Sarah, it is true that bullion stitches are not used much right now. It is a pity, because they are not difficult, and look so glorious. It is almost cheating ;-)

Magpie and Lisa, if you have a good pair of sharp scissors, it is rather easy. But I agree I have counted my threads more than once :-)

If you like embroidery, go and visit Sharon B. One day I decided to do some embroidery, after all I'd learnt some at school. I soon realized I had no idea of what embroidery is. So I made some research. At the end,  I've learnt most basics from Sharon, either from her website, or from her on-line courses. You can enroll at Joggles.Believe me, you won't regret it. Sharon is very generous and shares a lot on her website too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the pictures of the roses!
Have fun in embroidery too!

koko said...

Thank you for the kind words... all the best to you :)

Licks, hero

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Thanks for the info!