Thursday, December 23, 2010

London, the fun part 1

The trip to London was far from bad, on the whole.
And I still consider we were very lucky to come home so quickly.

I met Amandine at the airport, and Emilie met us at Saint Pancras, since she took the Eurostar to come from Paris. Aren't they lovely?
DSC01765
It was already cold, and snowy. But in fact, I loved that, I miss the bad weather of the North of France, as weird as it can sound :-)
DSC01775
Our main problem on that day was to find a place for lunch. We saw several nice pubs, but they were all holding corporate XMas parties! But at the end, we found one table. 
DSC01782
DSC01785
DSC01786
Look what I found in Carnaby Street! You can't see them, but they have heels.
DSC01889
Frankly, I could not resist those either (but I did not buy the matching bag due to Ryanair luggage restrictions... sigh...)
DSC01890
I think it is Picadilly Circus, not sure though...
DSC01805
We made the most of our first day. Our hotel was at Saint Pancras, just across the road, in Argyle Square. Very nice and cosy, and warm. Amandine and I felt asleep before our head touched the pillow :-) Emilie lasted a bit longer. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the weather didn't totally spoil your trip to London! Love the shoes:)
Up in Aberdeen we have had this weather for a month now and my older son & husband had a similar journey to you with cancelled flights & a lucky train trip. Hope you weren't stuck in that awful queue that went all around St Pancras!
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Nothing more fun than spending time with your daughters. It was definitely not a wasted trip. Merry Christmas.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Have a safe and pleasant Christmas, and all the best for 2011.

Unknown said...

Looks like such a nice trip!!!
Glad you had so much fun :)
Merry Christmas to you!

Pat said...

Yes the horses are in between Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square, one of my favourite statues. Thank you for the pictures of the London lights as I haven't been able to get up to town this year because of the weather.

Rosemary said...

Merry Christmas to you. Looks like a wonderful time in London.......

solange said...

De très joyeuses fêtes pour toi et ta famille.
Merci de partager de nous faire participer à tous ces voyages mouvementés.
Bisous.