Monday, September 13, 2010

Birds met in Australlia

My favorites, they are so friendly and funnyDSC01518
the sugar thief: this little guy landed on my table, took a bag of sugar from my saucer, made a hole in it with its bill and ate all the sugar inside...
DSC01562
On the street in Alice Spring
DSC01561
At a farm
DSC01342

DSC01352
He was free to go where it wanted but clearly loved a good chat
DSC01354

DSC01249
they too were funny to watch
DSC01100

DSC01131
this guy pooed on my head...
DSC00872

DSC00886

DSC00888
Ibises seem to be a nuisance in Australia, like pigeons for us
DSC00908

5 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Australia has a huge variety of wonderful birds!

Pat said...

I love the petrol pump attendant!

neki desu said...

australia is for the birds :)
those poor emus(?) will become steaks on a plate

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What beautiful birds you saw!! I recognized a few of them from programs I have seen on tv. Some I have never seen. I do wish I could go there myself and see all of these beautiful birds but since I probably will never be able to I want to thank you for these great looks.

Kerri said...

Aren't the Aussie birds wonderful? My mother used to feed them on her back deck. She had lots of Lorekeets (tenth photo), Kookaburras (9th photo), parrots and plenty of others. It was great entertainment. Sometimes the kookas and magpies would come right into the house :) They were very friendly.
During a picnic, my youngest daughter once had a chicken leg snatched from her hand by a kookaburra :) Have I told you that story before?