Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Le bonheur est dans le pré...

I saw this project in the last issue of Stitch by the British Embroideres Guild. I fell in love with it.
Since I needed to renew my notebook, it was the perfect timing. My sister had made me one, perfect for doodling, but I needed one with a calendar in it, for appointments to the dentist, to the nail lady, etc...
I bought a refill at the size I needed and made a customized cover to go with it.
The background is green commercial felt. With mistyfuse iron on it. Then covered with little bits of green yarns. Stitch uses a net, that is heated afterwards. I preferred the solvable film option. So I covered the bits of yarn with the film, did a little grid sewing with the machine. Made sure the grass blades had their ends free.
Then I embroidered the daisies, by hand, with a leftover of white yarn, and some yellow DMC yarn for the centers.
Finished with a zigzag on the edges. And here it is!


How do you say "Happiness is in the meadows"???? as in my title?

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is just terrific. I love the daisies in the meadow. You captured it perfectly.

Susan Elliott said...

This is FUN FUN FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

Vero, I fell in love with this too when I received my magazine on Thursday & I can't believe you have made it already:). You are so quick!

startare said...

Génial! On s'y croirait.

Rosemary said...

Lovely

Wanda said...

WOW!!! This is wonderful! It looks so real...I think I'd have to see if the flowers smelled of summer!!

Conni said...

Love this!

JoWynn Johns said...

Like everyone else, I love this notebook cover.