Looking at my studio right now is worthless: it is also a storage place for my daughter's stuff. So let's keep it for another year.
Working with the palette ? Yes, but:
- I don't know what to do with the palette,
- I want to make some ATC this weekend,
- my friend Annick lent me a book to browse, and I want to do so, and experiment some of the ideas.
So back to basics:
- sketchbook for some brain storming, and searching through the stash for the right materials.
- OK, the sketchbook is a bit empty, but already of great help to understand the colors proposed and try to reproduce them with the fabrics paints I have.
- The book: it is Fabric Art Workshop by Susan Stein. I would recommend it, it is full of simple techniques, by simple, I mean easy to use. And the projects proposed are inspiring. I've set my mind on some painting techniques, since I need fabrics in the palette colors and don't have any at hand. I've tried monoprinting from a sheet protector:
Painting inside the sheet protector and mixing the paints:
Applying to the fabric:
Checking the result:
PS: Annick! She is a friend, a French lady, very active in our textile art group. She has just started her blog too. Please go and say hello: Les Zizouilles. Les zizouilles is an invented word for the little textile stuff we like in our group. But I guess it has many more definitions.