Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday...

Not much to report today, since I worked on the Exquisite Corpse round robin, and cannot tell a single word about it. Or just this little bit: the theme of the piece I'm working on is "What is your definition of weed?". For me it is an unwanted plant in the garden. But I google weed to get some more ideas, and ended with cannabis, wimp, weed like in urinated, etc... I did not know those meanings and was glad to have learnt something :-)

Thank you for the comments on the card holders. I might try another batch someday, they are really fun. And crazy embroidery by machine is perfect for them.

And I'm glad you liked the Strelitzia too.

This is my first work on TIF. Mostly recycled stuff, like old sweaters or dresses. I'd love to combine the palette with the theme, but this requires more thinking.
I wish you all a good week!

7 comments:

Cat said...

Ah...a heap of colors... purples, blues, green! Looks like you are off to great things! Have fun!

Ruth said...

"weed like in urinated" - LOL! I haven't heard that term since I was in kindergarten. Your fabrics look lovely.

Pat said...

Thanks for the comment Vero, I love the fact that you have learned new word meanings because of the challenge. I bet Sharon never thought of that aspect. Well done you.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

And a mighty fine week to you too. It is good to see that you are so busy.

startare said...

And of course, there is that great song by Georges Brassens "je suis d'la mauvaise herbe, braves gens; c'est pas moi qu'on récolte et c'est pas moi qu'on met en gerbe.." It sings the praise of the resilient, the wild, the irrepressible. Sounds like a powerful theme to create around.

allie aller said...

What can you have in mind here? I will eagerly watch to find out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.