Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Haberdashery

While I was in Paris, my daughter wanted to show me a shop she had discovered. A haberdashery, where you can find anything you may need.
Apparently, it is an old business. The windows are not stylish, but they display treasures (provided you are fond of haberdashery, that is).


They even sell supplies to make hats, all kinds of hats, with forms displayed in the window.
yes, the plump lady with a camera is me...
The persons there are very nice, and really, the shop is worth a visit. Stepping in is like stepping in another world, at another time, because the shop has not been revamped for ages. I'd say you can find items from the 50's, maybe even before, as well as the newest items.
Its name is a bit amazing, Ultramod...

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is the kind of shop that you can spend hours in just looking. Did you come home with any treasures?

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Oh yes please! That looks like my idea of heaven. There is a place in Aix that looks a little similar (not as awesome as your one) but each time I go there it is always closed. I hope to get there one day or maybe I'll just go to Ultramod!

georgia little pea said...

Even though I can't sew, knit or crochet to save my life, I love rummaging around haberdasheries. (I'm the same at hardware stores.) This one looks mighty fun. Love vintage stuff.

blandina said...

I took note of the address for my next visit to Paris. It will happen, sooner or later! What an amazing shop.

Rosemary said...

Loved the tour......

nikkipolani said...

Goodness, I can imagine someone who's interested in hat making would be entranced by the tools of the trade.

Remington said...

Now THAT would be fun!

neki desu said...

incrediblñe place, the hat forms!!
how did i miss this post?

neki desu said...

incredible place, the hat forms!!
how did i miss this post?