Monday, December 5, 2011

Vienna in Austria

Hi to all,

A little explanation first: I went over to comment moderation, because it was brought to my attention that entering the random characters can be tricky. I've experienced it myself, so I could have figured it...
And I revert to the classic layout, for a very selfish reason: I can't read my own blog properly on Ipad...

Now, let's go to business.

This weekend, I took a plane to Vienna, and spent three days with my niece, her significant other and their baby. I had not met my niece for about 20 years, had not met her significant other, nor her baby. So you can imagine that we spent those three days catching up, and playing with the baby. Sightseing was not my priority, although we managed to do some (anyway, I wanted a good excuse to return soon :-).
We have spoken a mix of French and German, spiced with some English. So don't be surprised if I still mix those three languages :-) (I wrote several sentences before realizing they were in German...)
The weather was not very good, mostly overcast, as you can see from the pictures.
 I don't know what it is, but I liked it.
 Bibliothek (library) - Technische Universität
 Along Naschmarkt (more soon)
 Staatsoper
 Staatsoper
Stephansdom

In a next post, I'll try to show you more about Xmas markets.
Take care!

10 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

WOW! TO see those buildings in person would be awesome. Thanks for sharing!
smiles,Pat

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovely buildings, Veronique. I hope you and your niece and family will see more of each other now.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is a beautiful city. I have always wanted to go there. It must be wonderful to be multilingual. You can communicate so easily. I can't wait to see more about your trip. Your blog is now easier to get to to read. Thanks for reverting even if it was just for your ipad.

Susan Elliott said...

Lucky Veronique! A Christmas trip to Vienna...did Pere Noel come today? Have I told you? I'm going to Paris for Christmas 12/22 - 12/30...

do you have any recommendations? Things that you think Jack would love?

Remington said...

I would love to see those buildings! AWESOME!

blandina said...

Vienna must be so beautiful before Christmas, going there in December is on my wish list.

houndstooth said...

Oh, how beautiful! What a fun place to catch up with family!

Unknown said...

So beautiful. It's one of the places that I would love to visit one day.

neki desu said...

i think vienna has the best flea markets! had i known you were going i would have given you some addresess. grinzig for example for nouvelle wine and serious eating :)

georgia little pea said...

Sorry I took so long to get to this post. I've had a week long capoeira festival and crawl into bed past midnight every night. I missed out yesterday though!

This new blogger is driving me nuts. I want to stay with my old version but blogger keeps changing it for me. Hate it because the layout and elements look different from the way I want to present them. Aaarrrggh.

Those buildings are gorgeous! I've never been to Vienna. Hope you're feeling better now with a change of scenery? xox