Sunday, December 20, 2009

weekend

It has been bitter cold here this week. The greatest part of France is under snow and ice. We had a few flakes on Friday, but it did not last. Instead, the Mistral wind has brought a bright blue sky, and very,very low temperature.
I went to Marseille to visit an outdoor designer market. I had my camera with me, but no, sorry, no pictures. I could not bring myself to take my gloves off. I felt so sorry for the sellers here, it was cold, and the items kept flying away...
I was glad to be back home, and not to have to go outside again. Instead, I did a little bit of sewing.
First I wanted to make a pyjama top. I had purchased some knit fabric and needed a pattern. I had also received a pattern fromVogue which I wanted to test. So the pyjama top would be my muslin as well. I just made it longer. I will had pants in a few days.
I like the unusual turtle neck. Easy to sew, but not everyone's :-) I'll make some more, well as soon as I find the time.

Pattern Description: 
Semi-fitted, pullover tops A, B, C have raw, unfinished edges, asymmetrical collar and long sleeves. Wrong side of fabric will show. A: contrast collar, one contrast sleeve and partial contrast hem band. C: top applied hem bands on sleeves and lower edges.
Pattern Sizing:
Y(XS-S-M), Z(L-XL), I made M. It fits perfectly without modifications.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes. I just made it longer.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes very easy, with useful preparation and sewing indications
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the unusual collar.
Fabric Used:
Light knit.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made it longer. In fact, I was doing a muslin and a night gown at the same time... Otherwise the size is perfect and I'll probably use it as it for the "real" project
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I'll certainly make several more.
Conclusion: 

Easy to sew, yet original with the neck and the possiblities of contrast and hems.
I also made a sarouel for me:

This is a sarouel as proposed by Valérie of Le Parfum du Ciel. Do visit her blog, she is very talented.

1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love those polka dots. I like turtle necks during winter. They keep me so warm.