Saturday, October 10, 2009

Monaco, Japanese Garden

Glad you liked the visit of Dali theater museum! I wish I could have shown you more...
Thanks also for you comments about Amandine. She has been away for one week, and well, I miss her ...
Right now she is in the Perhentian islands, enjoying herself on the beach. 


Talking of travel, let me take you to Japan, kind of...


Imagine a busy, crowded town. You are in a street full of the noise of cars. You turn the corner, and all of sudden, it is quiet. You are in another world. You are in the Japanese Garden of Monaco, built on top of parking lot, in the middle of the city. 
This garden has been designed by Japanese landscape architect Yasuo Beppu, winner of the Osaka Flower Exhibition.
All the "furniture" in it come from Japan. Plants come from all around the world. 



Enjoy the tour!



















3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful! Suzie. xx

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like the peaceful feeling of Japanese gardens. I always wonder about the people that are in charge of keeping the gravel raked. It would drive me crazy to do that. They must have great patience.

Wanda said...

Wow...what a place!