Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday!

I'm glad you like the spa in Budapest. Lisa, I think we went in every pool of this spa :-) You recognize the tourists from the local people very easily: the tourists jump from one pool to another, while the locals chat quietly in one pool.
Wanda, you must go and try the spas. There are several all over the cities, with different atmospheres.
On my way back from the office, I stopped to fetch my brandnew passport, at a village I don't know very well. I found this house, and thought you may like it too.
Sharon, only the top shutter is real. The people are painted. I've been quite busy since my weekend in Budapest. However, I managed to go on with the Summer of Fun block party by Stitchin Heaven. I've saved the block of this week for tomorrow.


And on Sunday, I made this top by Butterick (B5363):
Pattern Description:
MISSES' JACKET, TUNIC, DRESS AND PANTS: Loose-fitting, unlined jackets A, B, sleeveless or have below elbow length sleeves, front and back band. Pullover, loose-fitting tunic C or A-line dress D, below mid-knee, cut-away armholes, raised waist seam with casing and drawstring. Pull-on, straight-legged, above ankle pants E has elastic casing. All garments have stitched narrow hems.
I made top C and the pants as well (no picture of the pants, I must iron them :-))
Purchased tops Pattern Sizing: BB (8 to 14, I made 14)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?yes
Were the instructions easy to follow?yes
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I like all the possible combinations. For the moment I made the pants and theversion C top, but I intend to complete this wardrobe in the future.
Fabric Used: linen, solid black for the pants, black and white pattern for the top.
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: shorten the height.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Yes, I would sew it again, and I recomment both the top and the pants.
Conclusion: A nice everyday wardrobe for hot weather
As you can see, I'm having a try at PatternReview.com and their reviews. You can see more from the widget on the right.

4 comments:

sharon said...

OK, what is the painted part and what is real? Are the shutters real? I guess the people are painted.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This house is amazing with the mural painted on it. I bet there are lots of people stopping to take its picture.

I love your new outifit. Linen is so good for summer even if one looks all wrinkly after you have it on for five minutes.

Rosemary said...

Great quilt blocks. Interesting house picture......Love the outfit.

Wanda said...

The top is great I love the style. The painted house in Budapest us awesome! Someone put alot of time and effort into it...and it sure paid off! The quilt block, by the way, is very nice as well. Pretty colors