Saturday, October 6, 2007

Green Tumb Sunday - October surprises

Green Thumb Sunday


Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.



Thursday was supposed to be a rainy day, it has been a sunny day, just as the day after and today...

I came back home early, and my first surprise was this rose, that seemed to wait for me so that I could admire her. It is William Morris by David Austeen. It had a hardtime to establish itself in my garden. Took at least three years. During those three years, it remained frail. I pruned it hard every year, it grew stronger each year but I was not sure it would make it, until now where it is a real rose bush with strong branches and a lot of roses. It is in the front garden, on the North.

Then I went to the South garden, and cut faded flowers on the canna, to discover it was blooming again. It is the third bloom of this year. I'm very proud of it. It is one of the plants that enjoyed clearly my regained motivation in gardening :-) It got larger leaves, and more flowers, as if it was saying "thank you".

I went on to the back of the garden, where I have two yuccas. And they too had some surprise for me: two stems with buds. I could not see them from front, but they were visible from the side. I like to watch them grow, and suddenly those white bells are here!


6 comments:

mzjohansen said...

David Austin roses are all so wonderful! I think the old world roses smell the best too ! I had six bushes but I don't get enough sun for them ....Rose De Rescht is one of my favorites.

lisa said...

Nice rose! Great when all that encouragement and TLC pays off...way to hang in there!

Anonymous said...

love the rose..nice green thumb!
mine is up too hope got time ...

Aiyana said...

I thought last week's rose was pretty, but I like this one even better. Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

Oh Vero, I love your canna - the blooms are so elegant. And congratulations on your persistence with William Morris :-)

Wicked Gardener said...

I've heard yuccas have pretty blooms - be sure to show us pics.